This Thanksgiving, make this apple and herb-roasted turkey the star of your holiday dinner.
Prep: 20 min
Bake: 3 hours + standing
Makes: 14 servings
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1 turkey (14 pounds)
- 1 medium apple, quartered
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1 celery rib, halved
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup apple jelly, warmed
- Combine sage and rosemary. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub herbs under the skin. Secure skin to underside of the breast with toothpicks.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Stuff turkey with apple, onion, and celery. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Brush with apple jelly. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before removing toothpicks and carving.